For the best results, please follow our guidelines. Please feel free to contact Ken’s Quick Print, Inc. with any additional questions or concerns about the technical information found on this page. We want your project to be problem free and you to be 100% satisfied with the final product.
Please build your press-ready digital files by adding 0.125″ for all products that bleed.
We require ALL files to be built to the full bleed dimension specified for each trim size.
What’s a bleed?
It is the portion of the card that will be trimmed off when cut to the final size.
The purpose of a bleed is to continue a color, image or design to the edge of the card.
All critical elements (text, images, logos, etc.) must be kept at least 0.125″ inside the edge. Anything left close to edge may be cut off during trimming.
Please allow 1/8″ cutting tolerance around your card. We recommend no borders due to shifting in the cutting process, borders may appear uneven.
(Note: Ken’s Quick Print, Inc. can produce any custom size. The dimensions detailed below only represent industry standards.)
- Business Cards: 2″x3.5″
- Postcards: 3.5”x5” or 4″x6″ or 4.25”x6” or 4.25″x5.5″ or 5.5″x8.5″
- Invitations: 4.5”x6.25” or 5″x7″ or 5.25”x7.875” or 5.75”x9.25”
- Brochures: 8.5″x11″ or 8.5”x14” or 11″x17″
- Stationery: 8.5”x11” with a #10 envelope (9.5”x4.125”)
- Monarch Stationery: 7.25”x10.5” with a monarch envelope (7.5”x3.875”)
- Booklets: 8.5”x11” folds to 5.5”x8.5” or 11”x17” folds to 8.5”x11”
- Labels: 4”x3.333” or 4.25”x3.333”
ACCEPTABLE FILE FORMATS:
Printing with Ken’s Quick Print provides a convenient way to purchase custom printing. We offer hundreds of products. You can have us create artwork for you or provide your own complete design for printing. Whether you’re uploading a photo, logo or complete design, please refer to the requirements below to ensure success.
- Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf) (recommended)
- Adobe Illustrator Artwork CS3 (*.ai, *.eps) (recommended)
- Adobe Photoshop Image (*.psd)
- Bitmap Image (*.bmp)
- Tiff Image (*.tif)
- JPEG Image (*.jpg,*.jpeg)
- Encapsulated PostScript File (*.eps)
- Quark Xpress 4-7 (Must Collect for Output)
- Indesign (Must Package File)
NOTE: *Microsoft software is not designed for professional high resolution output. Proper color separation is poorly supported or unsupported. We recommend using Indesign, QuarkXPress or Illustrator. If Microsoft is your only option, please save as a PDF.
- Fonts must be embedded in PDF files.
- Fonts must be outlined or converted to paths or curves in EPS files.
- Some fonts have copyright restrictions and will not embed in PDF Files.
- Quark Express: Fonts and images must be included with all files submitted.
Below are the full-bleed and trim sizes for Ken’s Quick Print products. There is an extra charge for bleeds, and we recommend you design your artwork to these dimensions.
The absolute maximum file size you can upload to Ken’s Quick Print is 15MB. However, we suggest using the smallest file size possible (while still maintaining image quality) to increase upload speed and to reduce the chance of errors during upload. Please compress the files before sending to reduce the chance of corruption over the internet. For uploading questions and assistance, call us at 1-847-831-4410.
Your images and designs should be saved to 300 dpi (dot per inch) at 100% of the dimensions at which they will print to ensure high quality printing results.
*Line art for logos and type should be vector artwork, not raster. 300 dpi type from Photoshop will not look crisp and clean. Output resolution of vector artwork should be no less than 800 dpi. Artwork from Adobe Illustrator should be saved as eps, not as ai. Convert text to paths (outlines) if possible. Don’t confuse PhotoShop eps with Illustrator eps, they are not the same. The first is raster, the second is vector.
Please adhere to the following color guidelines to ensure the final product matches the original artwork.
- All full color artwork and/or images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode.
- All spot color artwork must be created as the Pantone color that will be used.
- All black & white artwork and/or images must be provided in grayscale color mode.
*Always print out color separated laser prints on your black and white printer. Composite color printouts do not show potential output issues. File submission is incomplete without some form of visual aid. Paper printouts are best, a view pdf or fax is sometimes sufficient. The visual aid should be from a final file, not an earlier version.
NOTE: Ken’s Quick Print uses the industry standard CMYK 4-color process printing and PMS (Pantone Matching System) or spot color inks.